1. I __________ from France
a) is b) are c) am d) be
2. This is my friend. __________ name is Peter.
a) Her b) Our c) His
3. Mike is __________
a) my sister's friend b) friend my sister c) friend from my sister d) my sister friend's
4. My brother is __________ artist.
a) the b) an c) a
5. __________ 20 desks in the classroom
a) This is b) There is c) They are d) There are
6. Paul __________ romantic films
a) likes not b) don't like c) doesn't like d) isn't likes
7. Sorry, I can't talk. I __________ right now.
a) driving b) 'm driving c) drives d) drive
8. She __________ at school last week
a) didn't be b) weren't c) wasn't d) isn't
9. I __________ the film last night
a) like b) likes c) liking d) liked
10. __________ a piece of cake? No, thank you
a) Do you like b) Would you like c) Want you d) Are you like
11. The living room is __________ than the bedroom
a) more big b) more bigger c) biggest d) bigger
12. The car is very old. We?re going __________ a new car soon.
a) to buy b) buying c) to will buy d) buy
13. Jane is a vegetarian. She __________ meat
a) sometimes eats b) never eats c) often eats d) usually eats
14. There aren?t __________ buses late in the evening
a) some b) any c) no d) a
15. The car park is __________ to the restaurant.
a) next b) opposite c) behind d) in front
16. Sue __________ shopping every day.
a) is going b) go c) going d) goes
17. They __________ in the park when it started to rain heavily.
a) walked b) were walking c) were walk d) are walking
18. __________ seen fireworks before
a) Did you ever b) Are you ever c) Have you ever d) Do you ever
19. We've been friends __________ many years
a) since b) from c) during d) for
20. You __________ pay for the tickets. They?re free
a) have to b) don't have c) don't nedd to d) doesn't have to
21. Jeff was ill last week and he __________ go out
a) needn't b) can't c) mustn't c) couldn't
22. These are the photos __________ I took on holiday
a) which b) who c) what d) where
23. We'll stay at home if it __________ this afternoon
a) raining b) rains c) will rain d) rain
24. He doesn't smoke now, but he __________ a lot when he was young.
a) has smoked b) smokes c) used to smoke d) was smoked
25. Mark plays football __________ anyone else I know
a) more good than b) as better as c) best than d) better than
26. I promise I __________ you as soon as I've finished this cleaning
a) will help b) am helping c) going to help d) have helped
27. This town __________ by lots of tourists during the summer
a) visits b) visited c) is visiting d) is visited
28. He said that his friends __________ to speak to him after they lost the football match.
a) not want b) weren't c) didn't want d) aren't wanting
29. How about __________ to the cinema tonight?
a) going b) go c) to go d) for going
30. Excuse me, can you __________ me the way to the station, please?
a) give b) take c) tell d) say
31. I wasn?t interested in the performance very much. __________
a) I didn't too. b) Neither was I. c) Nor I did. d) So I wasn't.
32. Take a warm coat, __________ you might get very cold outside.
a) otherwise b) in case c) so that d) in order to
33. __________ this great book and I can't wait to see how it ends
a) I don't read b) I've read c) I've been reading d) I read
34. What I like more than anything else __________ at weekends.
a) playing golf b) to play golf c) is playing golf d) is play golf
35. She __________ for her cat for two days when she finally found it in the garage.
a) looked b) had been looked c) had been looking d) were looking
36. We won't catch the plane __________ we leave home now! Please hurry up!
a) if b) providing that c) except d) unless
37. If I hadn't replied to your email, I __________ here with you now
a) can't be b) wouldn't be c) won't be d) haven't been
38. Do you think you __________ with my mobile phone soon? I need to make a call.
a) finish b) are finishing c) will have finished d) are finished
39. I don't remember mentioning __________ dinner together tonight.
a) go for b) you going to c) to go for d) going for
40. Was it Captain Cook __________ New Zealand?
a) who discovered b) discovered c) that discover d) who was discovering
41. You may not like the cold weather here, but you'll have to __________ , I'm afraid.
a) tell it off b) sort it c) self output up with it d) put it off
42. It's cold so you should __________ on a warm jacket.
a) put b) wear c) dress d) Take
43. Paul will look __________ our dogs while we?re on holiday.
a) at b) for c) into d) after
44. She __________ a lot of her free time reading.
a) does b) spend c) shas d) makes
45. Hello, this is Simon. Could I __________ to Jane, please?
a) say b) tell c) call d) speak
46. They're coming to our house __________ Saturday.
a) in b) at c) on d) with
47. I think it's very easy to __________ debt these days.
a) go into b) become c) go down to d) get info
48. Come on! Quick! Let's get __________ !
a) highlight b) cracking c) massive d) with immediate effect
49. I phoned her __________ I heard the news.
a) minute b) during c) by the time d) the moment
50. I feel very __________ . I'm going to go to bed!
a) nap b) asleep c) sleepy d) sleeper